FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I wear to an appointment?
- Ideally loose clothing or shorts and tank top. Sports bras are also useful. However, usually you will be un-clothed and under sheets.
- Towels for sitting on, and a sweat towel will be provided but to cut down on laundry please bring your own shower towel as well as a water bottle.
- Registered Massage Therapists are regulated by the College of Massage Therapists as well as by Health Canada. They have a minimum of 2,200hrs education; in Sonya Trevisi’s case she has 3,000hrs of education. RMT’s are also required to update their education on a regular basis as well as have first aid. None of this is required for spa technicians/therapists.
- Most extended health plans do cover Registered Massage Therapy, however, please check with your provider in advance of your appointment if you are unsure.
- I direct bill Pacific Blue Cross
- A treatment can have moments of discomfort from time to time, but you are always in charge and if there is ever too much pain/discomfort you can ask the therapist to back off.
- Down The Road Wellness, is about a 10 min drive from Sun Peaks resort.